Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Donating Blood

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Donating Blood

    I donated blood for the first time on Monday and I was just curious of how many people have donated on the forum. Are there any regular donators and has anyone had anything happen out of the ordinary? My older sister donated once while she was in high school at Baylor and she passed out, but she has a tendency to do that when having blood taken or anything like that.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    I donate regularily, Red Cross sent me a card with all my info on it, so when I go to give blood I just show them the card, no paperwork. I always feel lightheaded after donating, it is essential to eat and drink something as soon as you are done, and no streneous activity.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    Sorry I haven't replied to anyone since I first posted...the forum was messed up and you all know how that goes.

    They will be sending me all my information in the mail to let me know my blood type and all that. I really wanted to know my blood type and you can't get that checked at the doctor's office without getting charged for it so, I took the opportunity to do something good and find out my blood type.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    I have given blood religiously since I was 18, but alas with all of my tattoos, I can't (until I decide to quit getting them anyway [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    I donated at our annual USC/Clemson blood drive this fall. I about passed out. They made me stay in my chair for at least an hour afterwards because I felt so woozy everytime I tried to sit up or stand up. I was sick the rest of the day, and it caused me to miss an hour or so of work.

    I did get a free soda, pretzels, and little debbie snack though. (The longer I stayed, the more food I got.)

    I would like to give blood again, but after that experience I doubt I will.


  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    Usually if you are more hydrated it's easier....at least that's what they told me. They made me drink a few bottles of water before I donated just to make sure.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    I donate pretty consistently. Have since I was 18 as well.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ghetto_Heisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2005
    Posts
    593
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    I've donated blood once but I don't think I'll do it again [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    No Regrets

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Herbie_Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2005
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    I hate needles.
    Go Huskers!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Donating Blood

    I always pass out even though the sight of blood doesn't bother me in the least . Some psychological mental abnormality I guess.
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •